#5 - Maysaa Ajjan: Startups in Lebanon
This is an episode with Maysaa Ajjan, journalist at Arab News.
Today’s episode is with Maysaa Ajjan, journalist at Arab News.
We have discussed the following topics:
- Her contributions to Al Annahar on the “Startup City” segment
- How Arabnet had the ability to track some startups in details
- Funding mechanism for startups from BDL (circular 331), bootcamps, competitions, and angel investing
- Lebanese startups conditions before the 2019 economic crisis (failed, operating, exited, migrated)
- Lebanese startups conditions after the 2019 economic crisis
- Success stories of certain startups
- Migration of talents and startups
- The rising new economy of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin being used in current Lebanese startups